My Blog List

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November 2, 2011 - Post #1

Hi everyone!  Well, I'm back after a looooong absence!  The last two months have been very trying for me.  My mom passed away on Sept. 9th, and I've been struggling to get all of the paperwork for her estate and moving her belongings from her assisted living facility to my house and then sorted.  It's not easy being an only child at this time.  I had spent most of her last month with her ~ she had Alzheimer's and came to the point that she refused to eat, take her meds, etc.  Such a sad ending!  It was so difficult to watch her health deteriorate.  Her sister, for whom I was legal guardian, passed away in June, and I think Mom just kind of gave up after that ~ they were the last of 7 children in their family.

Between my mom's death and school starting in late August, I didn't have a lot of time in September and October to work on cardmaking, so that's why I haven't posted anything for so long.  Time to work on anything was just hit-and-miss.

Here's a birthday card I made using a Tilda image.  I just love her ~ she looks so innocent!  I didn't keep track of the materials used ~ you'll just have to enjoy the end product!

Front

Inside

I'll be back with another post in a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment