Here's the first card:
I used Bazzill cardstock for the base of the card. The pattern paper is from a DCWV stack for guys, and the balloons are made from a Colorboks stack I got at WalMart. Tilda was colored using pencils and Gamsol. The twine is from Pink By Design, and the button was in my stash. I sparkled the edges of the balloons, the outer edge of the Nestabilities diecut, the lace on her dress, and the button twine with Diamond Stickles. I used a yellow Stardust gelly roll pen to accent the pattern on her dress. Also used Glossy Accents to give the toes of her shoes some shine. I finished off the right side and added some interest by using a strip of the pattern paper punched with an MS border punch.
I also created a coordinating envelope for the card using my MS scoring board.
The inside of my card is pretty busy, huh?! I cut the balloons using my Cricut Expression (sorry, I forget what cart I used). Then I glittered the edges to give them some sparkle. Used strips of the pattern paper to create a weaving to use as a background for some of the balloons ~ that was a tedious little job!! I grouped 3 of the balloons together so I could stamp "Happy Birthday" on them ~ not sure if I like how that turned out, but I guess it's OK. Made a strip to finish off the right side using and MS border punch.
All in all, I like how this card turned out ~ it certainly is bright and cheery!!
This is the last of my Tildas made with this stamp.
This time I chose to use orange, green, yellow as my colors. I again colored Tilda with colored pencils and Gamsol, then chalked the edges of the Nestabilities diecut. I added Diamond Stickles to the lace on her dress, used the copper Stardust gelly roll pen to accent the pattern on her dress, and added Glossy Accents to the toes of her shoes to give them a little shine. I used an MS punch for the border on the solid paper. The pattern papers are from one of the new MME 6X6 pads of small prints ~ perfect for cards! I wove in some ribbon and a bow using ribbon from WalMart. The buttons came from my stash.
Again, I made a coordinating envelope for my card.
This last card is not a Maggie, but I thought I'd throw it in anyway! I've been working on Easter cards for about 6 weeks now, and I finally got all the pieces and parts put together last night.
I can't take any credit whatsoever for the design ~ came straight from my local Archiver's store. But I thought it was a cute card, so I decided to attempt it.
I colored the image with watercolor pencils and a water brush ~ my first try at this technique, but it turned out pretty well, I think. I heat embossed the sentiment on the front of the card, embossed the green layer with a Cuttlebug folder, and added sugar glitter to most of the eggs and tree blossoms (it's hard to see the glitter in the pictures). Also made an envelope for the card.
I printed the inside verse on my printer, then used a corner punch and chalked the edges to give it some depth.
I like how these cards turned out, and I'm anxious to send them out for the holiday!!
Thanks for stopping by today ~ Happy scrapping!